BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 12-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Interspire Customer

Default User Email Credits

This seems to be a fundamental feature that I cannot find. I am using version 6.0.2 (10 user) the software. How does admin add email credits to a user's account?

There are only 3 ways possible (I think), and I cannot find any.

1. API
2. Admin area
3. Direct database entry.

How do I do any of these? I cannot imagine that one person who has purchased this software has not needed to add credits to a user's account.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi,

I had the same question some time ago, I got in contact with a developer at interspire and they indicated that it would require me to create custom code to do this. This is not to hard to do for a skilled PHP developer, however it is difficult to do if you are using the Agency Edition of I.E.M. due to the fact that the code is encrypted!

My advice to you would be to make contact with the interspire staff via the support ticket system or call them. I have found them to be very helpful when you manage to make contact with the right person. However they do take there time getting back to you and I am not sure if they have any staff moderating the forum. I can see that your question has remained unanswered since December.

Regards,
Vincent

Last edited by Vincent; 01-13-2010 at 03:53 PM..
Old 01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Interspire Customer

Don't see why this requires programming ?

If you go into IEm as admin, go to user management , edit the user and go to the "user restrictions" tab. There you will find the amount of remaining credits the user has under "Total Maximum Number of Emails". Well , just change that field ...
Old 01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Interspire Customer

You could do that, but I was thinking more along the lines of facilitating automation. The XML api that is ment to be used to achieve integration with external systems does not provide a facility for updating the credit level.

Regards,
Vincent.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Interspire Customer

This would have been a lot easier, and would have made sense except there is no "user restrictions" tab in the user management of my system. There also in no table that stores the user's remaining credits. The system seems to add up all the user's sent emails for the month and subtracts that number from the Group maximum that the user is in.

I believe Interspire removed the "user restrictions" tab by design. I am guessing you are on an older version...I am using version 6.0.2. I would be cautious about upgrading if this is the case.

Thanks, Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teneo View Post
Don't see why this requires programming ?

If you go into IEm as admin, go to user management , edit the user and go to the "user restrictions" tab. There you will find the amount of remaining credits the user has under "Total Maximum Number of Emails". Well , just change that field ...
Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Interspire Customer

I just checked the demo to see if I have something different. The demo also did not have the "user restrictions" for the individual users. The DEMO is version 6.0.1.
http://emailmarketer.interspire-demo...dmin/index.php
Old 01-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi eddie

As also mentionned in my email , you are correct. I'm using version 5.7 ... I did not upgrade to production version 6 because of all the issues pending with that version.

If they removed the User restrictins tab ,then I realy hope for the sake of IEM they have placed it somewhere else ...
Old 01-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Re:Email Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teneo View Post
Hi eddie

As also mentionned in my email , you are correct. I'm using version 5.7 ... I did not upgrade to production version 6 because of all the issues pending with that version.

If they removed the User restrictins tab ,then I realy hope for the sake of IEM they have placed it somewhere else ...
They have not replaced it in the new version. There is absolutely no way to add credits to a user's account. Not only is there no way to add them through the admin. There is also no way to add credits via the database as there is no one table that holds this information.

Thanks, Ed
Old 01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Interspire Customer

I'm shocked , honestly !

They just got rid of the user-credits ???

So that would mean I'd have to create a group for each customer seperately to be able to assign credits ?

I wonder , What in heavens name is the reason that the guys at Interspire implement such degrading modification ?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Interspire Customer

This has been moved into the groups permissioning now.
If you edit a group and scroll to the bottom "Group Restrictions" is there

Tags
email credits