BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Smile Your feedback: eBay selling integration

Hi everyone,

The next version of Interspire Shopping Cart (version 6.0) will include the ability to list products for sale on eBay (as well as many other features).

As we continue to build out the product's feature set, one of our major focuses is on the marketing aspect of ecommerce, which means getting more customers to your online store and eBay gets millions of visits a month so we think it's the perfect way for the average business owner to increase their online sales significantly.

We're currently in the research and planning stages, and wanted to open up the forum for your feedback on eBay selling integration, specifically:

1. Have you or do you currently sell on eBay? If so, what?

2. Have you used eBay selling integration in an ecommerce platform before? If so, what did you like about it and what didn't you like?

3. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant, would you use auction listings, Buy It Now listings or both?

4. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant, would it be for listings on the eBay website or for your own eBay store?

5. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant and you have experience selling on eBay, what do you expect from the feature (besides the obvious ability to list items for sale and/or auction on eBay)?

6. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant where would you ship your orders? Locally, nationally or internationally, and where are you located?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. There are very few e-commerce offerings with excellent eBay integration that's a) easy to use and b) flexible, so we think we can really help you win more customers with this feature and we're excited to hear your feedback.

Mitchell Harper
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Interspire
Email: mitchell.harper [AT] interspire [DOT] com
Phone (AUS): +612 9262-7770
Old 02-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Interspire Customer

This is great news!!

1. There are 120 products in my store and about 15 of those i list on ebay for marketing\sales purpose. I'll send you a PM with a link to my auction site.

2. no, I use ebay turbo lister.

3. Mostly the buy it now\fixed price listings

4. I don't have an eBay store. If there were an advantage then I would get one. Right now I just list fixed price, good till canceled.

5. list items, sales tracking, inventory reduction, payment status, email reminders. My auction page should look identical to my store template but I should be able to tweak it separate from the store template. Since eBay charges extra fees, I should be able to set the eBay price separate from store price.

6. We are located in USA and when we list items on eBay we list them to ship internationally.

Vote for Preorder \ Backorder Functionality
http://ideas.interspire.com/pages/sh...-functionality

Vote for better shipping calculations, multiple boxes, etc.
http://ideas.interspire.com/pages/35...oxes?ref=title

Last edited by Kurtd; 02-01-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Interspire Customer

I am stoked to here this will be an up and coming feature.

1. Yes, our full range of products that we sell on our ISC

2. We have written our own basic module to import eBay sales into ISC only. It is less than ideal, however as it currently is it saves us a lot of work. It simply uses the ebay sales CSV export in eBay, then we use an import module add on in ISC to import the sales. This way we have all sales in the one system. It also allows us to automatically send proper ISC invoices to all ebay customers + we have their full profile there for future marketing. Ideally we would love the module to use the eBay API so there was no need for csv.

3. We use both BIN and Auction (mainly BIN)

4. eBay Aus no longer has specific 'store' listings. All listings are shown in the eBay search, we do also have the eBay store to allow users to view all our ebay items easily.

5. I would want it to have the ability to be able to create an ebay template within ISC. I could then list items directly from ISC into eBay. When a sale has been made, it is imported into ISC and awaits payment/fulfillment. Ability to send invoices off to customers etc.
Inventory control would be a must, when stock levels reach a 0, listings are auto ended in eBay and vice versa.

6. We currently ship within Australia Only.

I would hope whatever is released is compatible with eBay Australia, there are minor differences. This type of system would also be a great marketing tool to direct your eBay customers to your store for future purchases.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Interspire Customer

Fantastic news. I just hope it arrives before my maintenance expires

1. No, because it would be too time consuming for us to manage our complex SKU's on both ISC and eBay. We wouldn't list everything on ebay, just a small selection.

2. No, because as far as I'm aware there are none that allow us to process eBay orders from within ISC. Managing orders from another interface would complicate things too much for us, to the point where the cost would outweigh the benefit.

3. Both Buy it Now and Auction.

4. eBay store.

5. Agree with MojoDirect and Kurtd, especially the template/themes and reminders. It would be nice to see it integrate with the current statistics system as well.

6. Australia only. We would need to provide eBay shipping quotes using the same level of complexity as we have in ISC.

So these answers probably aren't all that helpful, but I just wanted to mention that real integration was the thing that was holding me back. I don't count "exporting" as integration - it has to really be a part of ISC and fit into our workflow.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch (Interspire Staff) View Post
1. Have you or do you currently sell on eBay? If so, what?
Yes, on a select few ranges - but expanding that has always been something round the corner, just not quite yet.
Quote:
2. Have you used eBay selling integration in an ecommerce platform before? If so, what did you like about it and what didn't you like?
Yes, it was OK, but lacked a lot, due to the original ecommerce platforms limited functionality.
Quote:
3. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant, would you use auction listings, Buy It Now listings or both?
Buy It Now/Classified - not auction listings, even for stock we wanted to get rid of.
Quote:
4. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant, would it be for listings on the eBay website or for your own eBay store?
eBay store.
Quote:
5. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant and you have experience selling on eBay, what do you expect from the feature (besides the obvious ability to list items for sale and/or auction on eBay)?
Combined with existing ISC bug fixes, a basic integration would be good. Stock control, eBay sales listed in Orders...as previous comments.
Quote:
6. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant where would you ship your orders? Locally, nationally or internationally, and where are you located?
With in the UK and throughout Europe - around 60% of Europe.

Although I welcome development, I do not appreciate several outstanding bugs existing throughout several releases - this is totally unacceptable and ultimately will lose customers for Interspire. Fix what's already broken - then move on to future development!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Some great feedback here - looking forward to more replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupargarden
Although I welcome development, I do not appreciate several outstanding bugs existing throughout several releases - this is totally unacceptable and ultimately will lose customers for Interspire. Fix what's already broken - then move on to future development!
Work is definitely underway on fixing the bugs I believe you're speaking of - assuming they've all been reported.

We're having some strange issues which our company login system at the moment, which affects our bug tracker however you can find a list of most of what's being fixed here: https://track.interspire.com/secure/...&version=10440. The majority of the bug fixes/smaller improvements will be released as smaller maintenance releases before the 6.0 release.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B (Interspire Staff) View Post
Work is definitely underway on fixing the bugs I believe you're speaking of - assuming they've all been reported.

We're having some strange issues which our company login system at the moment, which affects our bug tracker however you can find a list of most of what's being fixed here: https://track.interspire.com/secure/...&version=10440. The majority of the bug fixes/smaller improvements will be released as smaller maintenance releases before the 6.0 release.
Some excellent bug fixes going on - if the bugs listed are actually fixed, Interspire will be the best shopping cart software going, hands down.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of configurable products - creating a variation with two options with 3 colour choices and 3 size options means 9 options...this isn't practical, nor can any decent number of options be handled - time out issues, maintenance of variation prices, etc - this is the one true pain in the ass of ISC.

If coupons, variations and what is mentioned in the bug track listed are fixed before v6, consider us all mighty impressed
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Bugs are being fixed, but I don't want this post going off-topic, so let's keep it eBay only please.

In terms of integration we're thinking Chinese auction and BIN, and from what we can see the API is almost identical across the eBay sites, so we'll more than likely support them all.

Thanks for the excellent feedback so far. I'll be creating other threads for the new features coming in 6.0 so we can discuss those together as well - as you know our goal is to give you the best, most innovative e-commerce platform we can, and your feedback is critical in helping us design features as you'd design them yourself if you had a development team.

Please keep the replies coming.

Mitchell Harper
Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Interspire Customer

Mitch, Chris/all,

So glad to hear you are doing the ebay integration! This is great news.

To answer your questions:

>>>1. Have you or do you currently sell on eBay? If so, what?

My dad and I use ebay to sell antiques and hard to find items mainly. I would like to use it more to sell digital items such as ebooks in different formats (.pdf, .mobi, .epub, and webapp styles for mobile devices which have hidden html link locations).

>>2. Have you used eBay selling integration in an ecommerce platform before? If so, what did you like about it and what didn't you like?
No.

>>3. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant, would you use auction listings, Buy It Now listings or both?

I would use auction listings and buy-it-now, but would also like the best offer option. The best offer idea got axed in the ideas.interspire.com site, but I'd like to suggest you reconsider if you're going to go with the auction integration.

>>4. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant, would it be for listings on the eBay website or for your own eBay store?

Ebay website

>>5. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant and you have experience selling on eBay, what do you expect from the feature (besides the obvious ability to list items for sale and/or auction on eBay)?

I would expect that a person would be able to checkout using my ISC website. Maybe 9 months ago or so when I asked ebay about this, they said they were not taking any new payment processors, hopefully by now they have changed their position on this. I would see this as a huge factor.

>>6. If you would consider using this feature as a merchant where would you ship your orders? Locally, nationally or internationally, and where are you located?

I would ship nationally mostly, but internationally if digital goods.

>>Thanks in advance for your feedback. There are very few e-commerce offerings with excellent eBay integration that's a) easy to use and b) flexible, so we think we can really help you win more customers with this feature and we're excited to hear your feedback.

Thanks again Mitch. I'm going to send you a PM with some further thoughts.

Someone else may have mentioned it, but it's possible to create a template to export your listings to ebay, if you have the correct account type (usually higher-end sellers). I used turbo lister to download my listings that did not sell and imported them into my ISC site. Both ways the process was not smooth, so if that's more along the lines of what you're looking at that would be great - maybe an 'export to ebay' button or template?

Thanks
Mike

Add a Panel and Add Content with WYSIWYG Editor
http://interspire.uservoice.com/foru...in-design-mode

Last edited by mjfontec; 02-01-2010 at 11:20 PM..
Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback Mike. I'll check the PM. You can also email me at mitch@interspire.com if that's easier.

Mitchell Harper
Closed Thread