BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 12-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Mail Server Connection Issue

Hi I have a Bounce Cron that runs every 1 hour it was working fine but then I noticed the Bounce Stats remained the same for a couple of days which didn't seem right.
I ran a Manual Bounce and found that when the IEM is connecting to the mail server (using Google Apps) the little pop up window comes up and the progress bar sits at 0% nothing else happens I went away for an hour came back and it still sits at 0%. I decided to test the Bounce Settings and same thing happens the progress bar sits at 0%.
Anyone seen anything similar or can possibly help me pin point a reason for this.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Interspire Customer

Might be that your bounce box contains a large amount of bounces that cannot be parsed due to insufficient bounce rules in the bounce_rules.php file

Check your bouncemailbox manually to see how many mails are in there

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)
Old 11-08-2013, 08:05 AM
francoisbotha

I am having the same issues here. We did have a large amount of bounces after a huge send - so we emptied the email box keepting the emails in another store. After this the bounce processing started again, and we systematically started moving the mails back into the main box.
This processed bounces, but after a couple of days this stopped working again, and we couldn't even connect on the TEST BOUNCE SETTINGS, when checking the server logs, IEM isn't making any connections. I can telnet in to the mailbox fine.

Is it possible that there's an unfinished or corrupted bounce job in the DB blocking the processing of bounces? Where would I look for this?