BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Interspire Customer

Unhappy How to Make Trigger Work

Hi,

We are using Inter spire Email Marketer Version 6.0.2. We are currently trying to use trigger to automatically send mails one different event (Like on download of a specific product).

We have configured the trigger and firing it on the basis of a custom field called download date. We have created the trigger, and are inserting the users using the XML api from our site. But the trigger mails are not going out. Our cron is set up (auto responders are working so the cron is working all right), Triggers are added to the cron and xml api is successfully inserting records with correct data (including the download date that is required to fire the trigger).

Can anybody guide us how to get the triggers working ?
Also will the trigger fire when there is an Update to a existing record?

Thanks

Prithwiraj
Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Interspire Customer

Make sure in the CRON setup your "Triggers Sending" is active and set to for example 5 minutes or so.

Triggers work on date based fields or events in an email campaign.
What have you created as a trigger exactly, based on what fields and data .

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)
Old 06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Interspire Customer

Hi Teneo,

How do I check if my "Triggers Sending" is active?
Though I can see in the Cron settings Trigger sending is set to 20 minutes interval.

I have created the trigger mail based on Download Date which is the system date inserted when user downloads some thing in our site and it gets inserted in the interspire db with the xml api. The records are getting inserted but the mails are not firing. My crons are working correctly as autoresponders are working perfectly fine.

Where I am going wrong?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Interspire Customer

Can anybody help me out ?

Thanks
Prithwiraj
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Interspire Customer

Personally I found the triggers work fine if I make sure it is set for a day in the future. If set for today's date I had problems. Give that a try and let me know if that works for you.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Interspire Customer

@ djones

I need to trigger the mails when the customers have downloaded the copy, Is there no way to do this ? How come interspire doesn't solve the bug ?

Thanks
Prithwiraj
Old 07-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Use Autoresponders

Is there any reason why you are using a trigger rather than an autoresponder? You can send as many autoresponders as you like using them either immediately or set to "Cron" Firing times.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Trigger Bug

I had the same issue and after looking through the code there is actually a coding issue causing this problem.

When the date is imported via API it accepts dates like this 9/9/2001 but the code is only able to handle dates with zero fill like 09/09/2001 as it trims from the left 6 characters to match the day and month. So you can either make sure you send a correctly formatted date to interspire or edit the code as I did below to avoid anything that slips through.

File : admin\functions\api\jobs_triggeremails.php

Line : 1661
AND date_add(str_to_date(CONCAT(LEFT(d.data, 6), '{$year}'), '%d/%m/%Y'), INTERVAL t.triggerhours HOUR) >= '{$startOfDayString}'

CHANGE TO

Line : 1661
AND date_add(str_to_date(CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(STR_TO_DATE(d.data, '%d/%m/%Y'), '%d/%m/'), '{$year}'), '%d/%m/%Y'), INTERVAL t.triggerhours HOUR) >= '{$startOfDayString}'

AND THEN

LINE : 1662
AND date_add(str_to_date(CONCAT(LEFT(d.data, 6), '{$year}'), '%d/%m/%Y'), INTERVAL t.triggerhours HOUR) <= '{$endOfDayString}')

CHANGE TO

LINE : 1662
AND date_add(str_to_date(CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(STR_TO_DATE(d.data, '%d/%m/%Y'), '%d/%m/'), '{$year}'), '%d/%m/%Y'), INTERVAL t.triggerhours HOUR) <= '{$endOfDayString}')

AND FINALLY

LINE: 1626
date_add(str_to_date(CONCAT(LEFT(d.data, 6), '{$year}'), '%d/%m/%Y'), INTERVAL t.triggerhours HOUR)

CHANGE TO

LINE: 1626
date_add(str_to_date(CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(STR_TO_DATE(d.data, '%d/%m/%Y'), '%d/%m/'), '{$year}'), '%d/%m/%Y'), INTERVAL t.triggerhours HOUR)

Also if you want to make sure this works after changing the above lines you either need to wait till your server hits midnight or you can reset it to run on your next trigger cron job by running this query as it lets the system know the process hasn't been run today.

UPDATE `email_settings_cron_schedule` SET `lastrun` = '10' WHERE `jobtype` = 'triggeremails_p'

I decided the edit this code as I have already imported thousands of contacts and didn't want to do it all over again. The better solution if you have a fresh install is to probably edit the import function to correctly format the date.

Tags
trigger, triggers