BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Interspire Customer

Default 6.1.3?

I'm running 6.1.2. The 'check for update' link shows it as the latest version, and it's the latest sticky in the News and Updates forum.

However, it appears that 6.1.3 is available for download in the client area.

Is this a newer version? Is there a changelog available anywhere?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Interspire Customer

Don't know what changed but I did run the upgrade. Nothing obviously different
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Interspire Customer

Thanks - do staff still check this forum? Seems everything I ask goes unanswered...? :-/
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Interspire Customer

The general consensus around here is that the staff is a little more occupied with Big Commerce than EM. I know how frustrating it can be to submit a support ticket and then post here in the forum and not get any response to either for days on end. As a community we do our best to help each other but Staff should either be more watchful here or at least work toward a shorter wait time on support tickets.

Also, FYI, I think 6.2.3 was just an inclusion of some bug fixes that had been released several months ago in a patch. I think they just determined to formalize the patch into 6.2.3...
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Interspire Customer

Thanks, I figured that must be the case... it's especially frustrating given that I was practically forced to spend $400 for another year of service to upgrade from v5 to v6.. only to find that some of the very basic stuff wasn't fixed.

One example is that I can't send plain text messages without double-spaced carriage returns. I've posted requests to support and on here. How can something like this still be an issue 6 versions later? I'm having to wrap my plain-text mail-outs in HTML just to get them looking right.

Is there some easier way to get the attention of support staff?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Interspire Customer

Well, I'm a relatively young Interspire customer but I've learned three things so far. First, once you submit a support ticket its best to leave it alone and not reply to it. Replying resets the date on the ticket and moves it further back in the queue. Second, they are back logged and if you have an urgent issue its best to pursue other options. Third, if enough people submit tickets with the sames issues... it will become a priority quickly.

Tags
6.1.3, update, upgrade, version