BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Still having that spam issue Haris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haris View Post
hi,

please help me i have a issue

when i send email from interspire without webversion & unsubscribe link it went to my inbox but then i put unsubscribe link it went to spam

please help me .

Regards,
Haris
Hi Haris,
I'm curious. Are you still having that spam issue?
That's strange indeed.
Bruno
Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Interspire Customer

The sendtofriend link did actually work when you sent it to a contact list and not used the "test" send.

BUT we noticed another error and that was that our background didn't show up and the font were not working for some reason...
Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Interspire Customer

Hello,

is Interspire Email Marketer still under active development? Are there new releases planned? If so, when can we expect them?

Thank you.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) is offline
Customer Service

Email Marketer will continue to be sold and will receive bug/security patches. There is no eta on any new/updated features.

Although we strive to always improve our Interspire products, we cannot guarantee new product releases with any specific period of time. We will make every attempt to notify our customers current on support and maintenance of the availability of new releases.

Scott Smithwick
Interspire Manager
Toll-Free: 1 800 939 5570
US: 1 512 758 7618

"Web Software Inspired by You"
http://www.interspire.com/
Old 07-04-2013, 11:23 AM

Thank you very much
Old 07-13-2013, 06:19 PM

have the same problem here
Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 AM
ductho

Can you instructions on how to upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 is not?
Old 08-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Interspire Customer

Thumbs down So what's new in 6.1.3?

Hi Scott, I've written to you directly several times, but you've continuously ignored me or fobbed me off. Maybe you only read forum messages...

I purchased version 6.1.0 over two years ago and I complained about several (granted, minor) bugs and design flaws and the general clunkiness of the design.

Since then, there seems to have been three somewhat minor releases. Does that mean that you're not really maintaining or improving the product?

There was no mention of the fact that after the first year of support/maintenance expired, it would cost a whopping $250 to get new releases, even the minor ones.

I've already said that $50 might be a more reasonable charge to make to provide existing users with bug fixes (although, frankly, if the product is buggy then surely the onus is on you to fix them and provide them to your customers no matter how long ago they bought the product)?

Please explain what's the value of spending $250 for 6.1.3 (compared with 6.1.0 or 6.1.1)? Which bugs specifically have you fixed and what improvements have you made?

You also said that there's been significant improvements in how lists are managed (incl. exclusions and importing/exporting). In 6.1.0, it's very limiting and I have to keep my own excel spreadsheets and synchronize them occasionally in order to manage them adequately. What have you done in 6.1.3 to address this?

I can envisage spending $250 on a major release, say 7.0 - if there were SIGNIFICANT improvements, a new (AJAX) interface, and a whole lot of new features. But I would hope that you only ask $50 for minor releases, and don't charge for fixing the sloppy bugs that still persist in your product.

Looking forward to your reply / comments from others...
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) is offline
Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by orish View Post
Hi Scott, I've written to you directly several times, but you've continuously ignored me or fobbed me off. Maybe you only read forum messages...

I purchased version 6.1.0 over two years ago and I complained about several (granted, minor) bugs and design flaws and the general clunkiness of the design.

Since then, there seems to have been three somewhat minor releases. Does that mean that you're not really maintaining or improving the product?

There was no mention of the fact that after the first year of support/maintenance expired, it would cost a whopping $250 to get new releases, even the minor ones.

I've already said that $50 might be a more reasonable charge to make to provide existing users with bug fixes (although, frankly, if the product is buggy then surely the onus is on you to fix them and provide them to your customers no matter how long ago they bought the product)?

Please explain what's the value of spending $250 for 6.1.3 (compared with 6.1.0 or 6.1.1)? Which bugs specifically have you fixed and what improvements have you made?

You also said that there's been significant improvements in how lists are managed (incl. exclusions and importing/exporting). In 6.1.0, it's very limiting and I have to keep my own excel spreadsheets and synchronize them occasionally in order to manage them adequately. What have you done in 6.1.3 to address this?

I can envisage spending $250 on a major release, say 7.0 - if there were SIGNIFICANT improvements, a new (AJAX) interface, and a whole lot of new features. But I would hope that you only ask $50 for minor releases, and don't charge for fixing the sloppy bugs that still persist in your product.

Looking forward to your reply / comments from others...
I checked the ticket system and show that I replied to your ticket back in Feb 2013. We offer a 60-day refund policy to allow new clients ample time to test the software and decide if it meets your business needs. Once that initial 60-day has passed we assume the software fits your needs and we are here to support you as outlined in our Support Policy:
http://www.interspire.com/support/policy.php

If you are having issues with your current version our support team would be happy to assist you once you renew your support and install the latest version.

Email Marketer will continue to be sold and will receive bug/security patches. There is no eta on any new/updated features.

Although we strive to always improve our Interspire products, we cannot guarantee new product releases with any specific period of time. We will make every attempt to notify our customers current on support and maintenance of the availability of new releases.

The licensing page is linked from the Email Marketer checkout page:
https://www.interspire.com/emailmarketer/pricing.php
All purchases subject to Interspire licensing terms and upgrade policy.

"If your maintenance period expires you have the option to renew it for an additional 12 months at 50% of the current purchase price for the license you own"

Here is a link to the change logs for 6.1.1, 6.1.2, and 6.1.3:
https://www.interspire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Support renewal is optional, the software will continue to run as-is.

Scott Smithwick
Interspire Manager
Toll-Free: 1 800 939 5570
US: 1 512 758 7618

"Web Software Inspired by You"
http://www.interspire.com/
Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi Scott, thanks for replying so quickly - but it's yet another fob-off, basically repeating what you wrote to me the last few times. it's a standard cut-and-paste email response, right?

It's nothing to do with the 60-day refund policy. I'm happy with the product more or less and I've used it for more than a year, but it's buggy and clunky. You are very careful to say that you don't have any improvements planned, but you also don't bother to devote much time and effort in fixing the existing problems for very long periods at a time.

That's sneaky and disingenuous! We spend $500 (and that's just for a single license), which is a lot of money for a piece of software, and we expect it to work properly and for you to use some of your income to fix it when it goes wrong.

And not two or three years later - AFTER the support period has expired. And when you do get around to fixing old bugs, we expect that you honor your obligations to send us the bug fixes.

And waiting until the final checkout point to inform customers that the support renewal fee is $250 per annum (actually, you're saying it's 50% of the total purchase price of the licenses, which is even more of a rip-off) is just adding insult to injury. I can see why you keep this information hidden until the very last moment.

Don't get me wrong... If the product was evolving at a rapid pace then maybe paying 50% of the price to get a major upgrade would be worth it, along with a year's worth of training and tips and support.

But you don't provide any of that. Your product is buggy and hobbles along in such a way that one has to be careful to use it right, otherwise data gets lost, our customers complain (for getting emails despite having unsubscribed) or our campaigns fail.

Several times I've had to placate angry customers and my hosting provider because IEM's way of handling unsubscriptions is flawed. I now track all unsubscriptions manually and update the lists manually each time before sending out a new campaign.

Maybe it would be acceptable if it were a $30 product. I shouldn't have to do this for a $500 product.

I've also sent you many bug reports over the years, and I've never heard back from you as to whether you're fixing these bugs and will be sending me the patch files. And I never even received any thank yous for informing you either. I suppose I'm no use to you if I don't pay another $250.

So - if the price to check whether the product has been improved and fixed is $250 then so be it. I've extended my support contract for another year, but I will be mightily annoyed if it's still as problematic and clunky as before. I would expect at least that you fix any bugs that I find over the next 12 months as part of my "support service" contract, in which case $250 might be money well spent.

I'll update this post to let others know what my experience has been.
Closed Thread