BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 10-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Interspire Customer

Default How to re-subscribe a contact through XML API

Hi, I'd like to know how I can re-subscribe a contact through the XML API when the activity status of the contact is "Unsubscribed".

To reproduce:

1. Added a contact through the "AddSubscriberToList" XML API call

2. Clicked the unsubscribe link (%%unsubscribelink%%) in a autoresponder mail (consequence: activity status changed to "Unsubscribed")

3. Called "AddSubscriberToList" again, but fails with an error saying that the contact is already on the list
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Interspire Customer

No clue on that??
Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Interspire Customer

Default same problem

Hi,
I'm having the same problem. I've checked AddSubscriberToList method which adds only new subscribers. The other one, which actually updates subscriber, applies only to custom fields ('SaveSubscriberCustomField'). Is there any sollution to update 'status' field?

thanks in advance
Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi, as you can see from my "monologue" since one year ago, you will not find any support answer from Interspire in this space. Either you go through the complicated support process, which includes allowing Interspire to go through your firewall directly on your installation, or you help yourself.. if possible.

Regarding your problem:
Up to now, I couldn't find a solution. Instead of an update I tried to delete the subscriber and re-create it, but this didn't help as well. It says that the subscriber is already present.. so I think the delete call doesn't work as well. For us it's still an open issue.

Again, this is not an Interspire support forum.. I never got an answer of Interspire in this space on any of my questions.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) is offline
Customer Service

The forums are not intended for direct Interspire support.

For security/verification purpose any Technical Support requests will need to be submitted from your Client Area using the email address associated with your account.

You can access your Client Area from here, using the email address on your account:
http://www.interspire.com/clientarea
If you have forgotten your password, please click on the "Forgot my Password" link.

Once you have logged in use the Submit a Ticket link found on the left.

Scott Smithwick
Interspire Manager
Toll-Free: 1 800 939 5570
US: 1 512 758 7618

"Web Software Inspired by You"
http://www.interspire.com/
Old 10-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terzino View Post
Regarding your problem:
Up to now, I couldn't find a solution. Instead of an update I tried to delete the subscriber and re-create it, but this didn't help as well. It says that the subscriber is already present.. so I think the delete call doesn't work as well. For us it's still an open issue.
Thanks for your reply.

Our solution for now is what you've described:
Whenever contact is unsubscribed (GetSubscribers, 'unsubscribed' !=0)
we delete it (DeleteSubscriber)
and then add it again (AddSubscriberToList).
And it works fine, except the fact, that you loose logs and additional data. Some of them you could recreate, but some not, and this is the reason why we need normal Update method.

Tags
re-subscribe, subscription, xml