BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Addon Releases

Old 06-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Interspire Customer

Send a message via MSN to Dustin013 Send a message via Skype™ to Dustin013
Lightbulb Fix for and annoying ISC issue when using PHP 5.6

There is a common error that is caused by the twig templating system used for the administration panel that takes up a ton of space in the system_log table on ISC 6.0.11 - 6.1.9 when using newer versions of PHP. Essentially the error is caused by the twig template files generated for the back-end that are stored in the cache/templates/admin directory. To fix this issue that likes to blow up the isc_system_log table you simply need to add static to a particular function.

The error is essentially:
Non-static method Interspire_Template_Extension::jsFilter() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context...

The culprit is located in lib/Interspire/Template/Extension.php on line 105...

The original code is:

public function jsFilter($string) {
return Interspire_JavaScript::encode($string);
}

// Edit by Think Genius
// Added static to function to comply with PHP 5.6 standards
public static function jsFilter($string) {
/ End Edit
return Interspire_JavaScript::encode($string);
}

That's all... hope this helps anyone who has had this issue. Of course you could always turn off error_reporting and PHP warnings but its bad practice to ignore warnings and errors.

Enjoy!

Check out my new store @ modirific dot com if your in the market for mods and add-ons... After 6+ years of ISC development me and my team have keep the stand alone version of ISC running strong with more features than ever... best of all with the self hosted version is you can do anything you want with it... if you doubt me checkout v2 dot com and check out the starter kits and the v2pro line and tell me that product configuration mod isn't the sexiest mod out there ;-)
http://www.thinkgenius.com
Looking for custom coding for your cart?
Automation, creating new features, editing existing features... We do anything custom for Interspire. So feel free to contact us for a free quote. We are active and always eager to help!

Tags
jsfilter(), php 5.6, twig