BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Knowledge Manager Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Default ActiveKB 2005 Beta

It's finally here. We've just uploaded a beta release of ActiveKB 2005 for testing purposes only. If you'd like to help us test, head on over to:

http://www.interspire.com/akb2005/admin

Username: admin
Password: test

If you find a bug, please reply to this post and list details, including how to replicate the bug. Once this beta testing is finished, the final release isn't too far away

Mitchell Harper
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Interspire
Email: mitchell.harper [AT] interspire [DOT] com
Phone (AUS): +612 9262-7770

Last edited by mytch (Interspire Staff); 02-25-2005 at 06:05 AM..
Old 02-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Cosmetic

Mytch

Thank you for getting the Beta out-there. It has been HIGHLY anticipated for some time by this group. I found no glaring issues, but could more thoroughly test in our own environment as some "settings" are not available from your site. Will the Beta be downloadable in the near future?

Minor Cosmetics -

"ActiveKB 2004" and "ActiveKB 2005" title on same page(s).

I presume that the Advanced "Phrase Search" functions as a Natural Language Query, will Boolean be an option in the Final release?

Again Thank you for your hardwork, the product looks wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytch (Interspire Staff)
It's finally here. We've just uploaded a beta release of ActiveKB 2005 for testing purposes only. If you'd like to help us test, head on over to:

http://www.interspire.com/akb2005/admin

Username: admin
Password: password

If you find a bug, please reply to this post and list details, including how to replicate the bug. Once this beta testing is finished, the final release isn't too far away
Old 02-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Interspire Customer

Glossary - Terms only seem to have beginning word boundary checking - Term "test" in glossary, the word "testing" highlights "test" as glossary term.

Sort - Would it be possible to see list of questions with sort numbers on one page per category for quick arranging of sort orders? Hard to do if only see numbers on a per question basis. Kinda like the queue manager in Netflix. Or even a page listing all questions in a category, with a textbox next to each with sort numbers in them.

WYSIWYG - Any way to have it toggle on or off when editing a question for quick manual fixes instead of going to settings each time to change it? [edit] OK, I see toggle source mode button, but that seems to remove all html code and put whole answer on one line instead of showing html code that is in place...

Looks pretty good on first glance.

Rob

Last edited by lexiconn; 02-16-2005 at 10:52 PM..
Old 02-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Interspire Customer

I had a problem choosing an 'icon' for a new category....IE displayed a script error as indicated in the lower left hand corner of the browser screen. Everything worked, however, except for choosing a different icon.

Also is there a way to see additional templates? Is it possible (still) to add our own header and footer. And is there a way to have the search form on another page on our websites that will link directly into AKB (we could do that with 1.5)?

Thanks! Great product as always!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Interspire Customer

Let me ask you one finally question/request.

Is it possible to have an 'archive' category. In other words if you need to, for legal reasons, keep a prior KB article but don't want it to appear in the search results (only viewable if you go to that category) can this be done? Perhaps a feature that when clicked will take it to an archive directory and mark it "ARCHIVE" in the title.?
Old 02-20-2005, 05:04 AM

On any of the "manage" pages in Firefox 1.0 the formatting along the right side overflows the margin of the white area into the grey area. On the manage the glossary page the last part of the [clear] is in the grey area. Each of the lines below extends out into the grey on all the manage pages.

On the page view (output, not the admin area) the left side tabs under the open tab are completely unreadable using Firefox 1.0. -- Interesting, when I switched away from that window to write the above and then switched back to test some more the tabs are now readable. No idea what happened; not repeatable.

On the site map, you click on the text to get to a page. In most implementations in other software you can also click on the page icon to get to the page; here you cannot, only the text. A nit, but something to at least consider for the 0.2 version if not this initial release .

All I can find with a quick look.

It's completely different in the look and feel on the display end. Still deciding if I like that.

Question: Is the code set up like the ActiveLive 2005 version with the modules? The old version was basically one long PHP file; the modules, once you get used to them, are somewhat easier to work with as I can just build my own template by copying one of yours and applying modifications.
Please submit it to http://filext.com/ for a listing.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have time to answer all of your questions now, but here are a couple:

1. Yes, we will be offering a downloadable beta later this week. I just finished the upgrade wizard.

2. Still fixing stuff in FireFox and it'll all work fine when released.

I'll post again very shortly....

Mitchell Harper
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Interspire
Email: mitchell.harper [AT] interspire [DOT] com
Phone (AUS): +612 9262-7770
Old 02-22-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Moving category deletes category

Hi,

It seems that if you EDIT a category, and choose it's name as the destination category, it no longer shows up on the category list (deleted?).

Best regards,

nmdemarco
Old 02-22-2005, 11:46 PM

My Perfect ActiveKB would have the following changes:

1) I hope hope hope hope hope all the templates don't require frames. Frames are the anti-christ.

2) With the frame template you cannot see those SEF urls

3) Add a "Most Recent Answered Questions" Panel

4) Put RSS feeds on Most Popular, Most Searched, and Most Recent (so I could put it on the homepage)

5) Add Related external links (so I can link to some of my related articles in AL)
Old 02-22-2005, 11:47 PM

6) The message in Email a friend should not be editable (Stop spammers using it)