BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Knowledge Manager Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Old 03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytch (Interspire Staff)
Hi Rob,
Hmm is this still happening? This was the only bug I couldn't replicate.
Both problems I am still seeing. If you go and view the beta demo, and go to the question "Test of Glossary" under "Test Category" you'll see "test" is highlighted in the word tester.

Per the always enabliong the attachment, if I go to edit this question in the admin panel, uncheck the attachment, click save, and then go back to edit it, the attachment is always checked.

Rob
Old 03-03-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Categories in Manage Questions

I like the look, but unless I missed something, it seems like there will be a lot of questions all displayed one after the other when trying to use the Manage Questions area. I would prefer to see the Categories title as a drop down box with selectable entries : "All Categories" and then a list of all the major (and optionally minor categories) listed. That way, administrators can view and manage just one section at a time.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:34 PM

I would also agree with this i have close to 1000 entries and the paging at the top of the list doesn't look very attractive. Adding a category selection would certainly help especially in the time taken to load them all before you select one to edit or whatever. It could be a combination of the "Browse by Category" drop down and the paging currently used.

Last edited by garybronson; 03-03-2005 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Weird redirection problem and other problems..

I was trying the Statistics page and clicked on the name of a few questions - it brought up the page initially, but didn't display anything and then immediately redirected me to a blank subcategory page.

Also, is it possible to get the drop down Fonts and Size menus to work more as expected (under FireFox this is .. not sure on what IE does)? I highlighted some text, changed the font, and nothing happened. Then a bit later it changed. Meanwhile, the Font dropdown doesn't indicate anything has happened either. It sort of works, but not really well.

By the way, inside VBulletin, you seem to have a problem . The dialog box in the Add Image button has some weird things ..
"[JavaScript Application]"
"Enter the text to be formatted" .. seems incomplete here.

Last edited by Andy500; 03-03-2005 at 10:27 PM..
now. SE will not see this text as importend.

Please reply to my concersn if Iam wrong....
Old 03-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Interspire Customer

Unhappy NOT SEF and SEO friendly !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livenomadic
My Perfect ActiveKB would have the following changes:

1) I hope hope hope hope hope all the templates don't require frames. Frames are the anti-christ.

2) With the frame template you cannot see those SEF urls
Hi I tested your much awaited ActiveKB 2005. It looks nice BUT I have this same sef concerns. Sorry if you not change belowe details I think your ne kb is less worth, because there is potential a lot of good content in a kb, but as its setup now its not going to be indexed IMHO.

- The links in the left frame are packed in javascripts, so spiders cannot folow them

- Frames are not SEF Search engine friendly!! When indxed the are shown in the se results as solely frames, without context, company logo or maijn navigation...this is bad.

- Test Knowledgebase is this individuela to set?

- the title on page is not a H1 css style!! its class="Padding1 or
How do I save my Soul?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:35 PM
LuckDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytch (Interspire Staff)
Hi guys,

1. Yes, we will be offering a downloadable beta later this week. I just finished the upgrade wizard.
just wondering if this is available yet..
Old 03-09-2005, 10:17 AM
R1chardYoung

Ok playing around with this as I wanted to see if the engine would search attachments as well ie search a PDF for words as well as the text in the database.

1] Add the Test Attachments question with 1 pdf.

Received error:

Warning: Unable to create '../attachments/13/Sage CRM MME 5.7 What\'s New.pdf': Permission denied in /home/httpd/vhosts/interspire.com/httpdocs/akb2005/admin/includes/classes/class.question.php on line 521

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/php1JT2Gr' to '../attachments/13/Sage CRM MME 5.7 What\'s New.pdf' in /home/httpd/vhosts/interspire.com/httpdocs/akb2005/admin/includes/classes/class.question.php on line 521

Naturally the PDF didnt upload
When searching it had 4 attachments, none of which I attached
Old 03-11-2005, 07:41 PM

Default The Beta

I'm happy to hear the progress on ActiveKB 2005. I have a few features requests that I didn't seem to see implemented:

Is there the ability to assign multiple categories to a single question?

Will there be a .NET version soon?

It would be nice if there was a most popular question which bases it's popularity from the past month, instead of an all time count. Articles that are posted a long time ago, but no longer popular, would be display more popular then newer articles. I would like to take this informationf from the database and show it on our own custom portal.

Will the code be separated into ASP.NET codebehind, making it more portable, with a class library that we can more easily customize?

Does the search facility use full text indexing? I had to modify ours to do that for reasonable search results.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy
I'm happy to hear the progress on ActiveKB 2005. I have a few features requests that I didn't seem to see implemented:

Is there the ability to assign multiple categories to a single question?

Will there be a .NET version soon?

It would be nice if there was a most popular question which bases it's popularity from the past month, instead of an all time count. Articles that are posted a long time ago, but no longer popular, would be display more popular then newer articles. I would like to take this informationf from the database and show it on our own custom portal.

Will the code be separated into ASP.NET codebehind, making it more portable, with a class library that we can more easily customize?

Does the search facility use full text indexing? I had to modify ours to do that for reasonable search results.
They are not producing any new asp/.net versions...check out the staff blogs for their message about that.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Interspire Customer

Arrow Release date

Mytch,

Have you released a beta version that we are installing on our websites yet? Also when do you expect development to be finished for a release?

Thanks!