BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 08-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Question Birthday Reminders

I was just wondering before I tried to reinvent the wheel, if anyone has successfully used the API to schedule birthday reminders for sending? Basically queue up a specific newsletter to a subset of list members based on their birthday field?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Hi,

You could use the same idea as this thread: http://www.interspire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9118

You'll need to post a support ticket to get the script but you could modify it to suit your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple
I was just wondering before I tried to reinvent the wheel, if anyone has successfully used the API to schedule birthday reminders for sending? Basically queue up a specific newsletter to a subset of list members based on their birthday field?
Old 01-23-2008, 03:13 PM

Hello Chris, I downloaded the script, but I had a question as to how I would filter the list using a custom field. I have a dropdown custom field that captures birthday months, so when a user subscribes, they pick their birthday month: January, February, etc.

In the script, I added $send_criteria['CustomFields[30][]'] = 'January'; thinking that it would sort the list before sending, but it doesn't.

Any way you can shed some light on this?

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 AM

Hi,

Try:

[code]
$send_criteria['CustomFields'] = array();
$send_criteria['CustomFields']['30'] = 'January';

// add more here like:
// $send_criteria['CustomFields']['25'] = 'xyz';
[code]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zforrest
Hello Chris, I downloaded the script, but I had a question as to how I would filter the list using a custom field. I have a dropdown custom field that captures birthday months, so when a user subscribes, they pick their birthday month: January, February, etc.

In the script, I added $send_criteria['CustomFields[30][]'] = 'January'; thinking that it would sort the list before sending, but it doesn't.

Any way you can shed some light on this?

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks, Chris.

I appreciate your help.