BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 02-11-2008, 03:02 AM

Default time variables and forced text archive

Is it possible to create time variables that we can add to the message or subject line?

In our case, I need something like "Alert 333 Sent %%sendtime%%hrs" with %%sendtime%% being the server time and stamp it to the subject on send.

Because variables are not rendered in the archive, I am thinking it would be good to have the html version for email and text for the archive. This way, we can generalize the text version and make it available for the archive.
Is it possible to specify we want the text version for archiving or RSS?

Thanks!
john
Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 PM

Hi John,

It's not possible to make anything up on the fly, you need to change the php code behind them too.

It's not possible (through the app) to specify which version you want for the archives but edit the /rss.php file and go to around line 114 - should be good to get you started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jechilt
Is it possible to create time variables that we can add to the message or subject line?

In our case, I need something like "Alert 333 Sent %%sendtime%%hrs" with %%sendtime%% being the server time and stamp it to the subject on send.

Because variables are not rendered in the archive, I am thinking it would be good to have the html version for email and text for the archive. This way, we can generalize the text version and make it available for the archive.
Is it possible to specify we want the text version for archiving or RSS?

Thanks!
john