BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 02-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Default Custom Field Query

Hello,

I'm tryign to write a plugin for a 3rd party web app. The intent of this plugin - is take all the mailing lists - and select all the e-mails/suscribers that match a certain custom field.

After pouring through the DB structure - reading the API - I'm no thoroughly confused as to where Send Studio stores the customfield information.

Example:

Email@domain.com | Customfield1 | Customfield2 | List1
email@random.com | Customfield3 | customField2 | list6

I'd like to sort out all the e-mails that match | customfield2 |. But i have no clue where to look. I've found the CustomField ID, List ID, suscriber ID, but i've looked (and i'm feeling cross-eyed) and can't seem to find where the system stores the customfield information per suscriber.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 PM

Hi,

Custom field data is stored in the subscribers_data table (it should probably be 'list_subscribers_data' to match it up with 'list_subscribers' but I'm not going to change it now).

Though you don't need to use the database, you can use the api.

See api/subscribers.php, function GetSubscribers.

Here's an example:
PHP Code:
        $sub_api = new Subscribers_API();

$input = array(

'List' => 1,

'Email' => 'email@address',
        );

$result $sub_api->GetSubscribers($input, array(), true); 
That only returns the number of subscribers that meet that criteria, not their actual details.

If you want to include custom field criteria when searching, do something like this:

PHP Code:
        $sub_api = new Subscribers_API();

$input = array(

'List' => 1,

'CustomFields' => array (

'1' => 'Chris',
            ),
        );

$result $sub_api->GetSubscribers($input, array(), true); 
That will search for anyone having 'Chris' in custom field id 1 (in this case it's a "Name" custom field).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemhof
Hello,

I'm tryign to write a plugin for a 3rd party web app. The intent of this plugin - is take all the mailing lists - and select all the e-mails/suscribers that match a certain custom field.

After pouring through the DB structure - reading the API - I'm no thoroughly confused as to where Send Studio stores the customfield information.

Example:

Email@domain.com | Customfield1 | Customfield2 | List1
email@random.com | Customfield3 | customField2 | list6

I'd like to sort out all the e-mails that match | customfield2 |. But i have no clue where to look. I've found the CustomField ID, List ID, suscriber ID, but i've looked (and i'm feeling cross-eyed) and can't seem to find where the system stores the customfield information per suscriber.

Any help is appreciated.