BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Version 1.4 - Changes to Admin Types?

Hi Interspire,

I made a mod to my copy of 1.3.3 so that I can have a custom admin type when adding/editing users. This admin type was present in the dropdown box and when selected, would use the same javascript function used to select/deselect certain permissions on the list as the standard types. (I customized this javascript to suit).

It actually worked perfectly.

After installing 1.4, I get an error when I go to the User Accounts page:
Langvar 'AdministratorType_' doesn't exist (Called from users.php, line 527)

I commented all my mods with an id so I could easily find them and merge them using WinMerge. So I did this (carefully). While doing this, I noticed that the javascript in question (on user_form.tpl) was totally missing in 1.4 (the main function is 'ChangeAdminPermissions(obj)')

So I reverted to a completely clean copy of 1.4. However the error persists - I assume because I have users of AdminGroup 'e' in the database - which was the code I used for my custom group.

So I have assumed that this part of the system has changed heavily. I did a search in the Changelog for 'Administrator' and 'Type' but found nothing.

Can some one give me a starting point to get this mod functioning again? In essence it is a saved custom AdminisratorGroup that we plan on giving all of our clients so we can make it a simple selection rather than making sure the correct check boxes are checked.

Regards
Aaron

Last edited by aaryn015; 03-07-2008 at 12:51 AM..
Old 03-07-2008, 01:49 AM

Hi Aaron,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaryn015
Did you update the admin/functions/api/user.php file with your changes from 1.3.3 again?

Because the api checks that it's getting a valid user type (lines 1358-1358):

PHP Code:
        if (!in_array($admintypearray_keys($this->AdminTypes))) {
            return 
false;
        } 
The javascript changes in the user_form.tpl file are due to us starting to use jquery for javascript checks etc instead of the old style 'document.getElementById' stuff. If you need a hand understanding it let me know.

Quote:
Hi Interspire,

I made a mod to my copy of 1.3.3 so that I can have a custom admin type when adding/editing users. This admin type was present in the dropdown box and when selected, would use the same javascript function used to select/deselect certain permissions on the list as the standard types. (I customized this javascript to suit).

It actually worked perfectly.

I commented all my mods with an id so I could easily find them and merge them using WinMerge. So I did this (carefully). While doing this, I noticed that the javascript in question (on user_form.tpl) was totally missing in 1.4 (the main function is 'ChangeAdminPermissions(obj)')

So I reverted to a completely clean copy of 1.4. However the error persists - I assume because I have users of AdminGroup 'e' in the database - which was the code I used for my custom group.

So I have assumed that this part of the system has changed heavily. I did a search in the Changelog for 'Administrator' and 'Type' but found nothing.

Can some one give me a starting point to get this mod functioning again? In essence it is a saved custom AdminisratorGroup that we plan on giving all of our clients so we can make it a simple selection rather than making sure the correct check boxes are checked.

Regards
Aaron
Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi Chris, thanks for the quick answer.

Yes I had modified that file. It was on my list of 5 files:

/admin/functions/senstudio_functions.php
/admin/functions/users.php
/admin/functions/api/user.php
/admin/includes/templates/user_form.tpl
/admin/language/users.php

There is no modification to that line you show. The only mod in api/user.php is

PHP Code:
// MODADC - Add Our Client type to the Administrator Type Drop down (below is the original)
    //var $AdminTypes = array('a' => 'SystemAdministrator', 'l' => 'ListAdministrator', 'n' => 'NewsletterAdministrator', 't' => 'TemplateAdministrator', 'u' => 'UserAdministrator', 'c' => 'Custom');

var $AdminTypes = array('a' => 'SystemAdministrator''l' => 'ListAdministrator''n' => 'NewsletterAdministrator''t' => 'TemplateAdministrator''u' => 'UserAdministrator''c' => 'Custom''e' => 'DefaultClient');

// MODADC - Add Our Client type to the Administrator Type Drop down 
But thanks for pointing out that piece of code. As even though I have modified the above, when I print_r($this->AdminTypes), my custom additions is missing.

Strange. I'll have to have a play with that one.

On the JS, can you just tell me WHERE the other selections/deselections are being made on that form now so I can follow suit in the same place for my custom type?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 03-07-2008, 04:16 AM

Hi Aaron,

Quote:
But thanks for pointing out that piece of code. As even though I have modified the above, when I print_r($this->AdminTypes), my custom additions is missing.
Did you just modify it or was it done before you logged in?

Most of the api/user.php file is loaded when you log in and stored in the session, so if you just made the change now, log out & re-log in to get the change.

I did that to save it hitting the DB with every request to reload permissions.

Quote:
On the JS, can you just tell me WHERE the other selections/deselections are being made on that form now so I can follow suit in the same place for my custom type?
This section I think:

PHP Code:
        $(document.users.admintype).change(function() {
            $(
'.CustomPermissionOptions')[(this.selectedIndex == 5'show' 'hide')]();

$(
'.PermissionOptionItems').each(function() {
                switch(
document.users.admintype.selectedIndex) {
                    case 
0this.checked true; break;
                    case 
1this.checked = !!this.name.match(/list/); break;
                    case 
2this.checked = !!this.name.match(/newsletter/); break;
                    case 
3this.checked = !!this.name.match(/template/); break;
                    case 
4this.checked = !!this.name.match(/user/); break;
                }
            });
        }); 
Old 03-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Interspire Customer

Problem 1 - That's it alright. Logout and log back in again and it's fine. I was just hitting refresh. Your method makes sense though.

Cheers for the pointer to the select/deselect code. I'll get cracking on that next week.

Thanks for your help again Chris. Have a good weekend.

Aaron
Old 03-07-2008, 05:13 AM

Hi Aaron,

Glad that sorted it out

Let me know if you need anything else.

Quote:
Problem 1 - That's it alright. Logout and log back in again and it's fine. I was just hitting refresh. Your method makes sense though.

Cheers for the pointer to the select/deselect code. I'll get cracking on that next week.

Thanks for your help again Chris. Have a good weekend.

Aaron