Use Application settings screen to view and manage top‐level application setting such as:
- Interspire Email Marketer’s URL.
- Your contact email address (for forgotten password requests from users).
- IP address tracking.
- Multiple unsubscription (use this to allow subscribers to be presented with a list of contact list that they can unsubscribe to.)
Note: Mailing list names will be shown to the customer.
- Let contacts modify their own email (use this to allow contacts to modify their own emails to anything they wanted withouth having to opt-in again.)
- Interspire Email Marketer’s system message (use this to inform users about scheduled maintenance, and so on).
- Information about Interspire Email Marketer’s database (such as login details, location, type and version).
- License key information.
You can also test the email sending system.
Take the following steps to configure application settings:
- Click Settings in the toolbar, then select Application settings. Configure your settings.
Settings: Application Settings
|Application URL||Enter Interspire Email Marketer’s full URL (Uniform Resource Locator), for example “**https://www.example.com/examplefolder/**”.|
|Contact Email Address||Enter the email address to which users’ forgotten password requests should be sent.|
|IP Address Tracking||Select this to log the IP address used when a contact subscribes to or unsubscribes from a list.|
Deselect this if you do not want to log IP addresses.
|System Message||If you want a message to display to your users when they log in to Interspire Email Marketer, enter the message here. The message displays beneath the usage graph in the Home screen.|
|Database Type||This displays the type of database Interspire Email Marketer is using. See the Database version field for the database application’s version details.|
|Enter the username you use to log into the database.|
If your database requires a password for login, enter it here.
|Database Hostname||Enter the hostname or IP address of the database Interspire Email Marketer uses.|
|Database Name||Enter the name of the database Interspire Email Marketer uses.|
|Database Prefix||Enter text to affix to tables. Use this if your database includes multiple tables.|
|Database Version||This displays the version number of the database application Interspire Email Marketer is using.|
Note: Interspire Email Marketer supports MySQL v4.0 and above, and PostgreSQL v7.4 and above.
|License Key Details|
|License Key||Enter the license key you were given when you purchased Interspire Email Marketer.|
Note: If you are not sure what to enter here, contact your vendor.
|Test Sending System||Enter an email address (to which you have access) in this field and click Send to test the email sending system. If the email arrives in the address’s inbox, the sending system is working correctly.|
Note: Configure global email server settings in the Email settings tab’s Mail server details section.
- Click Save to save your changes. Alternatively, click Cancel to return to the Home screen without saving any changes.