Take the following steps to view details about an autoresponder you already created.
Click Autoresponders in the navigation bar, then click View autoresponders.
This screen displays a list of contact lists, the number of contacts belonging to the list, and the number of autoresponders associated with each list. Select a contact list and click Next.
This screen allows you to:
- Create an autoresponder: click this to begin defining a new autoresponder for this contact list (see Creating and Editing Autoresponders).
- Delete the selected autoresponder(s): remove the autoresponder (or autoresponders) from Interspire Email Marketer. The autoresponder cannot be retrieved.
- Activate the selected autoresponder(s): when activated, an autoresponder will be sent to contacts at the specified time.
- Deactivate the selected autoresponder(s): when deactivated, an autoresponder will not be sent to contacts.
You can also View, Edit and Copy autoresponders.
|Create an autoresponder
|Click this to go to the Create an autoresponder screen. See Creating and Editing Autoresponders for more information.
|Choose an action
|Select one or more autoresponders, select an option from the list and click Go to perform the selected action.
|Select a box belonging to an autoresponder before choosing an option from the Choose an action list.
Select the box at the top of the column to select all autoresponders.
|This displays the name of the autoresponder.
|This displays the date on which the autoresponder was created.
|This displays the time that the autoresponder is sent after a contact signs up.
|This displays the name of the Interspire Email Marketer user who created the autoresponder.
|- A tick () displays if the autoresponder is enabled. The autoresponder is sent when at the relevant time.
- A cross () displays if the autoresponder is disabled. The autoresponder is not taken at the relevant time.
|- Click View to see a full‐screen version of the autoresponder.
- Click Edit to update the autoresponder. The screens that display are similar to the Create an Autoresponder screens (see Creating and Editing Autoresponders).
- Click Copy to create a new copy of the autoresponder. The new autoresponder displays, with “Copy of” appended to the original name.
- Click Delete to remove the autoresponder from Interspire Email Marketer. The autoresponder cannot be retrieved.
Creating and Editing Autoresponders
Interspire Email Marketer allows you to create autoresponders using the built‐in editor.
Note: If you want to create a new autoresponder based on an autoresponder you created previously, use the Autoresponders > View autoresponders screen to copy the template, then edit the new template. See Viewing Autoresponders.
To edit an autoresponder, click its Edit link in the Autoresponders > View autoresponders screen.
Take the following steps to create an autoresponder:
Click Autoresponders in the navigation bar and select Create an autoresponder.
Select the contact list for this autoresponder and click Next.
Enter a name for the autoresponder in the Name this autoresponder field.
If you want to send this autoresponder to all contacts who sign up and subsequently confirm that they want to receive emails, select All contacts in my list with a status of “confirmed”.
Alternatively, you can send this autoresponder to certain contacts only. Select Only contacts who match my search criteria (below). The following fields display.
Configure the Filter by basic details fields:
- If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts with a certain type of email address (for example, all contacts at example.com), enter all or part of the email address in the Email address field.
- If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts configured to receive HTML or Text emails only, select the relevant option from the Match format list.
- If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts who are Confirmed or Unconfirmed only, select the relevant option from the Match confirmed status list.
If you want to search for both, leave Both confirmed and unconfirmed selected (default).
- If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts who have, or have not, clicked a specific link in your autoresponder, select Yes, filter by link.
If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts who have clicked a link, select Has clicked in the first list, and select the relevant link in the second list.
If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts who have not yet clicked a link, select Has not clicked, and select the relevant link in the second list.
- If you want to send this autoresponder only to contacts who have, or have not, opened a specific email, select Yes, filter by opened email campaign.
If you want to search for contacts who have opened an email, select Has opened in the first list, and select the email campaign in the second list.
If you want to find contacts who have not yet opened an email, select Has not opened, and select the email campaign in the second list.
- If the contact list contains custom fields, you can search each field in the Filter by custom fields section.
- Click Next.
Autoresponder: Sending Options
- Click Next. The autoresponder editor displays.
Note: If you selected Text only in the previous page, the HTML Content section in this page does not display. Likewise, if you selected HTML only, the Text Content section in this page does not display.
Specify how you want to build the HTML autoresponder.
If you want to use the built-in WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor in this page, select Create content using the WYSIWYG editor below.
If you want to use an HTML file on your computer, select Upload a file from my computer. Click the Browse button that displays. A file upload window displays; locate and select the file you want to use and click OK. Click Upload. The HTML editor screen updates to show the new file.
If you want to use a file from a page on the Internet, select Import a file from a website and enter the full URL (for example, “https://www.example.com/examplepage.html”) in the field that displays. Click Import. The HTML editor screen updates to show the new file.
Customize the HTML email using the editor. See HTML Editor for more information.
Customize the text email using the editor. See Text Editor for more information.
Check that your autoresponder will not be marked as spam by a recipient’s email client. Click Check your email for spam.
Note: This checks the text in your autoresponder against a list of known spam keywords. However, it cannot guarantee that your autoresponder will be delivered to all recipients.Check Your Email for Spam
If either the HTML or text versions of your email break any rules, take note of the offending text and edit the autoresponder to not include the term.
Click the icon to close the Check your email for spam window.
Check that your autoresponder displays correctly in a variety of common email clients.Click View your email in different email programs. The Email Validation screen
displays in a new window (see Validating an Email). When you have finished, close the window.
If you want to test the autoresponder by sending it to your own email address:
Enter the email address from which you want to send the test email in the Send preview from this email field.
Enter the email address to which you want to send the test email in the Send preview to this email field.
To send the test email, click Preview your email campaign. Check the inbox of the account you entered in the Send Preview to this Email field.
Finish the autoresponder:
Click Save & keep editing to save the new autoresponder and remain in this screen to make further changes.
Click Save and exit to save the new autoresponder and go to the View Custom Templates screen (see Managing Custom Email Templates).
Click Cancel to return to the View Custom Templates screen without saving the template. Any changes you made are lost.