Please ensure your web host meets the application requirements below.
- UNIX or a Linux variant is preferred.
- Apache 2.4.x or Nginx 1.18.x or above
- PHP 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1
- MySQL 5.6 or above / MariaDB 10.3, 10.4
- To use autoresponders and triggers your need access to a scheduler – usually Cron on your web server.
- To process bounced emails, your version of PHP needs access to the imap_xxx functions (default).
- Please download and run check_iem.php to verify that the system requirements are met before starting the installation. Once you have verified the requirements, follow the simple instructions outlined in the Email Marketer Installation Guide.
We also have step-by-step instructions to install on a VPS running Ubuntu or a cPanel based sever.
Does Interspire Email Marketer work with PHP 8.x?
- v7.x is compatible with PHP 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1
- v6.4.x and v6.5.0 are compatible with PHP 7.3 and 7.4
- v6.3.0 is compatible with PHP 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4
- v6.2.2 and 6.2.3 are compatible with with up to PHP 7.3
- v6.2.1 is compatible up to PHP 7.2
PHP 5 is not supported in any way.
Does Interspire Email Marketer work with Windows?
We know Interspire Email Marketer works in Windows with a XAMP stack. However, we do not support the Windows environment and it is not included in our standard maintenance and support contract.
Does Interspire Email Marketer work with MySQL 5?
Interspire Email Marketer works with MySQL 5. Note that IEM requires the InndoDB storage engine to be available and we recommend the UTF-8mb4 charset.
Does Interspire Email Marketer need fsockopen enabled on our server ?
Interspire Email Marketer only needs this if you are sending via an SMTP server. If you prefer to send via your local mail server software you can leave the SMTP settings blank and Interspire Email Marketer will send the emails via the mail() command in php which uses your local server software.
What settings can I make to my mail server configuration to make Interspire Email Marketer faster?
The largest factor affecting the speed of IEM is the speed of the mail delivery service. Most ISPs will limit the sending rate per hour. Please contact them to raise the limit. Alternatively use a dedicated email delivery service provider to connect Interspire to.
Also, sending email via the UI is relatively inefficient compared to queuing them via a scheduler. Refer to Sending Rates & Limitations for additional details.
Requirements for using SMTP server to send email
Interspire Email Marketer needs the following in order to be able to send email using SMTP:
- fsocketopen function needs to be enabled — this is enabled by default in PHP installation
- Outgoing traffic to port 25 / 587 (or the port number you use to connect to your SMTP server) must be allowed
- A valid SMTP server for you to use
If one or more of the list above is not satisfied, you can receive errors such as:
- No Connection
- Timed Out