This chapter discusses how to use the Tools menu in the toolbar.
Interspire Email Marketer Tools Overview
Use the Tools screen to:
- See information about your Interspire Email Marketer server (see System Information).
- Check that Interspire Email Marketer’s components have the correct permissions necessary for the application to function correctly (see Checking Permissions).
- Check your database for errors (see Check Database)
- View Interspire Email Marketer’s PHP error logs (see Error Logs).
- Check for updates to Interspire Email Marketer (see Checking For Updates).
- Debug, download and delete file (see Debugging Management)
Use the Tools > System Information screen to see information about your Interspire Email Marketer server setup.
The fields in this screen are read‐only, and display the results of Interspire Email Marketer’s server setting detection process. If you want to modify the server settings that display in this screen, contact your host or service provider.
|View full system info||Click this link to open a new window displaying detailed server information.|
|Product version||This displays the application version number of Interspire Email Marketer.|
|Character set||This displays the character set used for sending emails.|
|Server timezone||This displays the time zone in which Interspire Email Marketer’s server is located. If you are sure this is correct, contact your hosting service provider.|
Note: If you want to change this for an individual user, use the User accounts > Edit > User settings screen’s User timezone field.
|Current server time||This displays the current time in the Server timezone.|
|PHP version||This displays the version number of PHP the server is running.|
|Safe mode enabled||This displays whether the server is running PHP in safe mode. If PHP is running in safe mode, you cannot change the “from” address in the database.|
|Imap support found||This displays whether the server supports the PHP‐IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) protocol.|
Note: Interspire Email Marketer requires PHP‐IMAP to process bounced emails.
|Curl support found||This displays whether the server supports Curl.|
|DOM extension enabled||This displays whether the server allows you to operate on XML documents through the DOM API with PHP.|
|GD version||This displays whether the server supports the PHP graphics library GD. Interspire Email Marketer uses the GD library to create the CAPTCHA images you can insert in website forms.|
Note: If the GD graphics library is not supported, it is possible to use other methods to generate CAPTCHA images.
|Mod security enabled||This displays whether the ModSecurity open‐source web application firewall is supported on the server. See https://github.com/SpiderLabs/ModSecurity.|
|Server software||This displays the web server application the server is using. For Linux, Unix, Unix variants and Windows, Interspire Email Marketer supports Apache v1.3.2 and above. For Windows, Interspire Email Marketer also supports IIS5 and above.|
|Database version||This displays details of the database management system running on the server. Interspire Email Marketer supports MySQL v4.0 and above, and PostgreSQL v7.4 and above.|
To check that Interspire Email Marketer’s components have the correct permissions necessary for the application to function correctly:
- Click Tools in the toolbar, then click Check permissions.
- Click Start checking. Interspire Email Marketer checks your installation’s permissions.
- When it has finished, the permissions report displays. You can use this report to assist in troubleshooting problems.
To check for any errors in your database:
- Click Tools in the toolbar, then click Check Database.
- Click Check Database Now. Interspire Email Marketer checks for any errors.
- When it has finished, the error checking report displays. Use this report to troubleshoot problems.
To see Interspire Email Marketer’s PHP error log, click Tools in the toolbar, then click View error logs.
Viewing Error Logs
Checking For Updates
To check whether updates to Interspire Email Marketer are available from Interspire, click Tools in the toolbar, then click Check for update.
Whether you are currently running the latest version or if an update is available, a message to those effects display.
Click OK to close the window.
Configure the debugging option, download and delete log file/s of the following tabs:
- Email debugging - tick the checkbox to enable/disable email debug. Click Save to save your changes in this screen. Alternatively, click Cancel* to return to the Home screen without saving your changes. You can manage the log file of your email debugging under the Manage Debug Log File section.
- Bounce debugging - tick the checkbox to enable/disable bounce debug. Save your changes or Cancel without saving any changes.
Manage your bounce debug log file under the Manage Debug Log File section.
- Trigger email debugging - tick the checkbox to enable/disable trigger email debug. Click Save for saving changes or Cancel for cancelling changes.
- Autoresponder debugging - tick the checkbox to enable/disable autoresponding debugging. Choose between Save or Cancel to proceed with or without changes.